Volunteering in our residential care homes
HammondCare is dedicated to providing residential aged care for people who can no longer be supported in their own home and who require a greater level of care and support.
As you volunteer and visit residents in one of our care homes or dementia cottages, you may help with a variety of activities. As part of residential care volunteering, you may:
- Become a friend to residents, visiting and sharing friendship
- Drive a small mini-bus
- Assist with individual and group activities such as exercise programs, shopping trips, games, craft, art, music, movies, discussion groups, cooking and special events
- Help out with our pastoral care activities
- Bring along your pet and having a chat with residents
- Give hand massages and manicures
- Help in the gardens or assist our property team manager
- Assist in the office and assist the administration team
Do you have a special skill, interest or hobby that you think would benefit our residents? We are always happy to listen to your ideas and work with you to find a role that suits you. What we love is volunteers with passion.
Please contact us to find out more about volunteering in residential care.
- North Turramurra
- Woy Woy
The joy of volunteering
Between having chats, doing the crossword, going on a weekly coffee crawl with one spritely resident, and helping others to eat dinner, Ann is a valued volunteer at HammondCare Erina.
Residents riding high on motorbike visit
At HammondCare Horsley, local motorcyclist Elwyn Jordan, has been bringing men and women out of their rooms with the roar of a pack of motorcycles.